I finally finished this visual novel 4 days ago on May 7th. I’ve got to say first that the anime adaptation was 10/10 and the visual novel was 11/10. It was translated very good though there were some grammatical errors in a few places but it didn’t stop me from getting absorbed and enjoying the story to its fullest. I was so absorbed into it that I would spend hours reading without being aware of my surroundings that’s how much the visual novel hooked me, it got to the point that my mum would have ago at me for ignoring her and not doing the chores I agreed to subconsciously.
It took me 32 hours to get my first ending which was Suzuha’s ending, then took me 17-18 hours to get the rest of the character endings + the true ending. I also got all the achievements along the way too.
The story is enjoyable and very intriguing, it will just absorb you in and take your soul though you won’t regret it. It could go from being quite emotional to tense especially during the character endings; Luka’s is probably one of the more emotional endings and Kurisu being the more tense ending.
I love each of the characters, they’re all enjoying and interesting with each having their own charm and unique personalities, I guarantee you’ll love them too. The voice acting is splendid as well, you can really hear the emotions that the characters were conveying in each scene.
The art style is unique and really pretty in my opinion, I love the character designs, I think the character designs go really well with their personalities. The scene backgrounds are quite beautiful too.
The soundtrack is amazing, probably one of the best visual novel soundtracks I’ve heard in awhile, it really did add to the emotion or tension of scenes.
- +Story is very intriguing and gets you absorbed easily.
- +Visual novel is long so great for those that love long visual novels for a good price.
- +Characters are interesting and charming, makes you feel an emotional connection with them.
- +Art style is unique and beautiful for both character designs and scene backgrounds.
- +Soundtrack is amazing and adds to the scenes.
- –A few grammatical errors but nothing major that it would have an affect on reading or stop you from enjoying and getting absorbed into this amazing story.
11 out of 10, no question about it. If you love intriguing sci-fi, thriller stories with a bit of romance and a mad scientist named Hououin Kyouma then this visual novel is up your ally! If you enjoyed the anime then this is a must read!!
I finished this visual novel around 5-6 months ago, and I really enjoyed it, like a lot. The story itself is great and intriguing enough for me to want more, I even bought the second part, Fault – Milestone Two Side:Above, when I was just only a couple of hours in, it just hooked me and I didn’t want to stop reading.
The art style is really nice and beautiful, and the soundtrack is also pretty good with it adding to the tension of some scenes when necessary and also relaxing when heartwarming or emotional scenes appear.
I have to warn that there’s no voice acting for the characters in this series. In my opinion, it would be great if it did have voice acting, I find it would make this VN a little bit better and add more towards the character development as in their emotions and personalities, but it’s still great nonetheless as it doesn’t affect the effectiveness of the story.
The characters are enjoyable and charming in their own way, it’d be great if there was more about their backstories to add to their development though that could be included in the other parts of the VN, especially since Fault – Silence the Pedant is on its way sometime in June (hopefully there’s no delay) which is a prequel that focuses on Ritona’s backstory of how she became Selphine’s guardian.
- +Intriguing and addictive story especially if you enjoy fantasy genre as much as I do
- +/-Short so you can finish in one sitting if you like to read for roughly 6-8 hours straight
- +Art style is pretty and beautiful, really well done
- +Characters are enjoyable and charming, good development though room for more
- -No voice acting, that would’ve been a nice feature to have but doesn’t affect the story in anyway
- +Soundtrack is great and relaxing, can really add to the tension in some scenes or emotion in others
8 out of 10.
I played/finished this novel around 6 months ago, and I would have to say that personally I liked this visual novel, I was intrigued by the story even though there were a couple of plot twists that were easily identified and that it was clichéd in some parts, but that still didn’t stop me from enjoying this visual novel.
I’ll have to admit though that there’s a few plot holes and some parts aren’t covered within this first part of the visual novel, but well to be honest that could be down to the fact that, like I said previously, this is only the first part of a 3 part visual novel and hopefully both the plots holes and my concerns could be filled later on in the series, or at least I hope so.
The down side to this not only being a unfinished series but the final 2 parts are still in development, so with that being said it’s a little disappointing since I’m going to have to wait awhile before being able to actually finish/complete this series. The waiting game always kills me when it comes to any kind of media, whether that be anime, manga, light novels or games.
- Story: Intriguing but clichéd in some parts.
- Voice acting: Perfect, I really liked the voices of each character.
- Artwork: Amazing and is really well done.
- Music: Great.
6.5 (7 at a push) out of 10.